Upcoming Courses for Young People - 2014
At Dhamma Pakasa - Illinois Vipassana Meditation Center, Pecatonica, IL, USA
At Dhamma Visuddhi - Menomonie Vipassana Center, WI, USA ( One hour east of St. Paul, MN)
- July 13, 2014 Children’s Course - Ages 8-12
- August 30 - 31, 2014 Teens’ Course- Girls - Ages 13-17
- August 31 - September 1, 2014 Teens’ Course - Boys - Ages 13-17
At Michigan Vipassana Association, MI, USA ( Gross Ile, MI)
- April 27, 2014 Children’s Course - Ages 8-15
- June 14, 2014 Children’s Course - Ages 8-15
Links that provide additional information on Anapana Meditation for Children and Teens:
Seeds of Awareness (Video)
- This new 13 minute film is about children and teens who learn to meditate.
More detail information, course locations and videos on Anapana Meditation for Children and Teens can be found at www.children.dhamma.org.
Here is a link for the Seeds of Awareness (Hi-Definition Video).
Teen's Course - May, 2011
The Teens course (both girls and boys) at Dhamma Pakasa went very well.
There were 14 students served by a dedicated group of servers who all wore multiple hats during this special course
student managers, group leaders, kitchen manager, kitchen server, CCTs, organizers, registrar.
Feedback from Teens:
- Would like more Noble Silence
- Would like to start with Noble Silence and at night also continue with Noble Silence
- Would like more journaling time
- Games should be related to practice
- Include team building activities
- Food was good
It is always inspiring to hear the children and teen's insights during their brief introduction to Anapana meditation.
Children's/Teens' Course Contact
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (815)-489-0420
Fax - (360)-283-7068
Address - Illinois Vipassana Meditation Center, Dhamma Pakasa
10076 Fish Hatchery Road, Pecatonica, IL 61063